Cincinnati Yoga Teacher Training • Rocket Vinyasa & Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training
NOW REGISTERING 2019
75 Hours of Rocket Training
September 13 - 17
Tuition 700.00 register today and save 50.00
this is advanced teachers training and is continuing education for current yoga instructors
200 Hours Foundations of Ashtanga and The Rocket System
September 28 and 29
October 18,19, 20
January 2020 13,14,15
January 24,25 Graduation Weekend
this training is designed for beginners who want to learn the history and foundations of yoga, with a focus on Ashtanga and Rocket developed by Larry Schultz, you will focus on learning alignment, philosophy, developing and personal practice and more
200 Hour Curriculum
Ashtanga Yoga Training Level One
200 Hours Curriculum
Planting the Seed of the Inner Teacher
8 Weekends or Month Intensive
Observe 8 classes during the course
Keep a practice log
Keep a yoga journal
Complete written work from manual
Write a script for Modified Primary Series
Make flash cards for 34 poses
Instruct Sun Salutes to a real class
Instruct the full MPS out-loud to your peers
Assist in 3 classes with adjustments
Included in training:
200-hour certificate upon graduation, you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance
Unlimited Yoga at Yoga ah during training
Ashtanga Yoga Manual
Rocket Yoga Retreat Day location TBA
Opportunity to instruct at a real studio
Lineage of Krishnamacharya
This training program will give you all the fundamentals to lead safe Ashtanga and Vinyasa classes. You will learn how to instruct the Modified Primary Series or fondly called MPS. MPS consists of 34 poses plus finishing series.
Our teacher training program is designed to awaken your voice, give you a strong home practice and feel confident about leading your own classes.You will also learn the art of modifications and learn how the practice can be adapted for all levels and body types.You will also have the opportunity to assist in real yoga classes at our studio.
Level 1 - Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus (200 hours)
- Pattabi Jois.
- Mysore Palace.
- Larry Schultz.
- Ujjai Breath.
- Working with breath in Ashtanga Sequences.
- Nadi Shudi.
- Technique and flow
- Traditional Ashtanga/Full Primary Series/ Modified Primary.
- Bottle Rocket.
- Introduction to other Rocket Routines.
- Minimum Daily Requirement.
- Learn how to sequence around the joints of the body.
- Discover what poses are counter-poses for the other.
- Joints, muscles, ligaments, nervous & circulatory system.
- Study the 72 poses of Primary series learn Names – Sanskrit and English.
- Alignment of hands and feet.
- Learn the benefits of asanas.
- Verbal adjustments.
- ”Two finger" hands on adjustments.
- Naulis theory and practice.
- Create a home practice.
- Awaken YOUR voice.
- Receive hands-on experience in real yoga classes at Yoga ah.
- Developing a Personal Teaching Philosophy
- Marketing yourself as a yoga instructor.
- Opening your own studio.
- Lead a practice.
- Assist in 3 Yoga ah classes.
- Observe 8 Yoga ah classes or other affiliated studios.
- Written Homework.
- Journaling/practice log.
650.00 Deposit required
early bird price pay deposit by August 1st, 2019 and save 150.00 on tuition
(no refunds) ask about work trade you can work up to 500.00 tuition off and gain experience of how a studio operates!
Sample Schedule for 8 weekends
5:30pm Yoga Practice
7:00pm - 7:30 Q and A
9:00am Yoga Practice
10:30am assist in a beginners Ashtanga class
11:30am - 12:30pm break
12:30pm - 4:00pm Training Circle
8:30 am open practice with fellow trainers
10:30am assist in Modified Ashtanga class
11:30am - 1:00pm break and journal
1:00pm - 4:00pm Training Circle
Included in training:
Rocket Training Curriculum September 13th - 17th
All Rocket Yoga Classes and Training are based on Larry Schultz Rocket Vinyasa System
Rocket Training can begin after you have completed a 200-hour yoga training and would like to learn more advanced yoga sequencing and transitions. The Rocket offers a system of practice that systematically works your full body with a 6 day per week practice schedule.
Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may register with Yoga Alliance Professionals to use their relevant membership level designation, as a sign of quality training.
After completing both Rocket Module one and two you are eligible to apply for 500-hour certification in the Rocket Vinyasa System, and register thru the Yoga Alliance Professionals of the United Kingdom .
Level 2 - Rocket Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus (100 hours)
- Daily lead practice of Rocket 1,2 and 3
- Learn a basic Bottle Rocket for beginners
- Arm balances
- Handstands, * elbow stand, *scorpion, *side crow, *crow, eight crooked limbs.
- Wheel, one leg lifted wheel, camel, head on floor in back bend, kick overs.
- Abdominal strength exercises.
- Bottle Rocket for beginners.
- Rocket 1,2,3 for advanced.
- Advanced sequencing around the joints of the body.
- Arm balance transitions, jumping into yoga push up and jumping into poses.
- Improve timing and tempo of practice.
- Strength and Cross Training Bootcamps.
- Deep stretching.
- Handstand training exercises.
- Learn how to assist/spot handstands, inversions, arm balance and backbends.
- Learn the art of flying.
- Fine tune your Rocket instructing and practice.
- Review of Its Yoga/Yoga ah philosophy developed by Larry Schultz.
- Develop more focus.
- Strengthen mind.
- Mind body journaling.
- Study the Rocket 6 day per week sequences and philosophy.
- Practice self study.
- Open the way to become a teacher of teachers.
- Awaken spiritual fire.
- Yoga Sutras.
- Tune up intuition
- Learning “The System”
- History of the Rocket
- 6 day a week practice schedule
- Larry Schultz Philosophy
- Pacing and tempo
- weight transfer into the hands
- floating back and forth in the Sun Salutations
- jump backs from seated postures
- inversions and handstands from standing postures
- arm balances and inversions from seated positions
- creating fluid movement throughout your practice
- floating with control vs. ballistics
Requirements for Rocket Teacher Training
Kids Yoga Training 3 day July 12th, 13th and 14th with Busy Being Kids Yoga
What makes Yoga ah training different than other trainings?
The number one answer is experience. Since opening in 2007 this year in 2017 we will be going into our 28th Ashtanga yoga training at the 200 hour level. We have a very high success rate giving you all the tools you need to teach in an all kinds of settings as well as truly ground your personal practice.
Continuing Education in the Rocket System developed by Larry Schultz
After you have completed a 200 hour training preferably in our foundations program you can continue your education in the Rocket System. Rocket trainings are very specialized and only a few studios in the world are allowed to facilitate these trainings. Rocket Training will give you a better understanding of more sequences and transitions. You will experience cross training and strength training to help you feel more confident in inversions as well as learn the "Larry Schultz Philosophy" of why the Rocket works for beginners as well as advanced students. By the end of 5 days you will feel more strong and confident as an yoga instructor
Module 1 and Module 2 Training can earn you up to 150 hours in the Rocket system. If Rocket is your passion and you would like to set up your own teacher training, we can help you do that too with our 500 hour program.
Request Rocket Application at https://goo.gl/forms/iPdl3spaIauZGO4u2
Teacher Training Certifications & Course Descriptions
Yoga ah! Teacher Training Mission
Our mission is by sharing the practice we can help others improve their quality of life.
Yoga ah has been training yogis the art of instructing Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga since we opened in 2007. Our yoga training methods have deep roots in India and honor the lineage of Krishnamacharya, and at the same time meet the demands of a modern lifestyle. We offer practical methods of modifying the practice, making it more accessible to the masses. You will be offered tools for awakening your voice as a teacher as well as creating a home practice. You will also learn safe approaches to alignment and adjusting poses.
Ashtanga Yoga Training is 200 hours. It is an Ashtanga Yoga training you will learn how to teach beginners ashtanga yoga as you develop your practice and philosophy you will be able to instruct more advanced students. It is offered over 8 weekends or the summer intensive which is 28 days.
Rocket Advanced 5 day intensive can lead to becoming a certified Rocket Yoga instructor thru Amber Gean. You will train in Rocket 1,2,and 3 sequences as well as a beginner sequence called Bottle Rocket so you will be able to instruct all levels of Rocket yogis. We will also give you at home programs to continue your development after training.This Rocket Training is blessed under Larry Schultz's, the creator, before he left his body.
Why Ashtanga Teacher Training at Yoga ah?
- Ashtanga Yoga Training is how yoga was taught in India, It has the foundation for Power Yoga, Rocket Yoga and all Vinyasa style.
- Our Program gives you the tools for home practice, instructing others, option to become a yoga teacher trainer and or open a studio.
- Work/study program at Yoga ah can allow you to trade for part of your training, while getting more experience
You will be able to teach a wide range of students and classes. Some of our graduates go on to teach hatha, hot, vinyasa and even meditation classes.
Amber Espelage is a registered teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professionals.Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may register with Yoga Alliance Professionals to use their relevant membership level designation, as a sign of quality training.